From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On Behalf Of Rebecca Clark
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 2:00 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Scrapbook care

Hello all,
I've just received a 50 year old scrap book containing photos, textile samples, conference books, newspaper clippings... and I am at a loss. We are in discussion about whether to just put acidfree paper between the sheets, or to take everything off the paper and store it in sleeves.. like everything else. The donor has everything in a specific order that will definitely help the researcher, and we probably could not mimic that order with any consistency. Does anyone else work with scrapbooks that can help us with the best possible way to store this?

Rebecca Clark
Michigan State University Museum Collections
Folk Arts Division
(517) 432-3356