Re: Your Valued Opinions Requested

Jerry, my sympathies.

Consider something that they may understand, and which would imply a kind of
concession to them that the board might appreciate.

I can't remember but I believe it's the Declaration of Independence at the
National Archives, which continues to be displayed but under rather strict
preservation measures--limited light, only on public display for limited
periods of time, etc.  Perhaps museum quality mounting with UV glass in
frames with removable covers that would be kept in place except when there
is a need for the photos to be displayed (e.g., when the board meets...)

As for the copies, well, just making a copy of the DofI doesn't mean one
throws away the original just because it fades.  (You never know what future
digital imaging can do with such stuff--see how digital photo manipulation
helped out with locating Wild Bill Longley's gravesite in today's RAIN)

Frankly, I'd rather display the copies, but there's something to be said for
making board members happy---if you will be asking them to put up the cost
for the museum quality mounting and custom fitted removable covered framing
and all the stuff that would protect the original, then maybe they'd think
they'd rather not put up that kind of money and display the copies instead.
 If they decide to put up that kind of money, well, then you know they're
willing to recognise the extra cost of preservation, which can be a point in
your favor, too.

A strategy like the above can make this into a win/win situation for you
regardless what they decide, if you're willing to be flexible enough to look
at it from more than one perspective.

Just a few thoughts before I finished my second cup of caffein, so please
consider my brain's functionality!

Holly Hodges