From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Bunker, Kevin
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 10:39 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: World's Columbian Exposition collections

Esteemed colleagues:

Can anyone out there tell me where the best preserved records group might be
for the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893? I presume the Chicago
Historical Society, but there may be other locations.

Specifically, I'm seeking details regarding the exhibits in the fair's
Transportation Pavilion. The oversize original exhibit catalog I have seen
does not offer the level of informational detail required.

Many thanks for your expert advice and opinions.

Kevin V. Bunker
Student Assistant
California State Archives