Re: World's Columbian Exposition collections

Kevin:

The Art Institute of Chicago has quite an extensive archival and library
collection on the World's Columbian Exposition.  You may want to contact
the Special Collections Archivist, Mary Woolever, at (312)443-7292 or
mwooleve@artic.edu. The Ryerson Library here at the Institute has several
hundreds of books on the Fair, which are in the middle of being indexed and
prepared for digitization. You may want to contact the librarian in charge
of that project, Lauren Lessing to check for relevant material on the
Transportation Building,  (312)857-7651 or llessing@artic.edu.

Bart Ryckbosch
Archivist

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Bunker, Kevin wrote:

> Esteemed colleagues:
>
> Can anyone out there tell me where the best preserved records group might be
> for the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893? I presume the Chicago
> Historical Society, but there may be other locations.

Bart H. Ryckbosch
Archivist
The Art Institute of Chicago
111 S. Michigan Avenue