Re: Moving a Collection

I might add to your advice that the most crucial component of our move of
manuscripts and other archival materials back in order on the shelves, was
labelling--make it a no-brainer for the movers.  We numbered each carton
in the order in which it was to go on the shelves, and clearly labelled
the shelves with the carton numbers assigned to them.  I can't say it was
a completely perfect move, but it was pretty orderly, considering that we
had about 10,000 cartons to move.

Sylvia Bugbee
Assistant Archivist
University of Vermont