wrapping vs. boxes

I got a lot of responses in regards to the wrapping vs. boxing ledgers issue
and I want to thank everyone for their input. These are some of the

Wrap ledgers using Velcro closures instead of string
Use 0.2 cardboard and make a box for ledger with Velcro closures
Put ledgers in large flatbox
Wrap ledgers in tissue and then box
Wrap some ledgers and box older more fragile items
Have phase boxes made
Box smaller ledgers and wrap larger ones

The leading consensus was to box ledgers, especially more fragile ones, and
to wrap larger and less used ledgers.  Some of the issues were cost and
space and also the difficulty in getting boxes to fit the ledgers. I'm
leaning towards the idea of boxing more fragile ledgers and then wrapping
the rest. (I have a collection of about 1000 ledgers so can't afford to box
them all).

Thanks again for all of your input,
Renee Savits