Re: Archives in the News

May I just emphasize the "others" part--you don't need to be an educator, etc., just interested in the Middle East and/or Islamic culture.  I was reading a recent review of the magazine in--I think either American Libraries or Library Journal--that pointed out that it is a good source for non-biased information on the Islamic world--from Indonesia to North Africa. Also, as of about a year ago, the title changed from Aramco World to Saudi Aramco World. It is a glossy publication with lots of color photos. (disclaimer: my father worked for Aramco for 21 years, and I grew up in Saudi Arabia).

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> "Kurilecz, Peter" <peter.kurilecz@woodsidesummitgroup.com> 06/18/01 02:03PM >>>
If you are interested here is subscription information for Aramco World
Magazine
"Teachers, students, librarians and others can request a complimentary
subscription by writing to Aramco World, Box 469008; Escondido, California
92046-9008. "

As a former employee I look forward to receiving this publication every
month. Well done and an excellent source of information on the Arab and
Islamic world.