Re: East Coast Hotel Energy Tax

I noticed, however, that when the maid made up the room, she moved the thermostat from the comfortable temperature I had it set at to arctic. Maybe hotels wouldn't have to impose these charges is they would inform their staffs of the need for conservation.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Danna Bell-Russel <dbrussel@CAPACCESS.ORG> 06/20/73 01:36PM >>>
Hi all,

At the recent MARAC conference in Philadelphia we were also charged an
energy tax on our rooms. It may not just be due to electricity but also
charges for gasoline and other fuels or in anticipation of what's
happening in California happening here. In fact a recent issue of New
York Magazine posed the question of whether New York would be faced with
rolling blackouts.

Danna Bell-Russel
National Digital Library
Library of Congress