Re: NUCMC Search Question

As I recall, OCLC staff explained this situation as follows: the 852
field is regarded as holdings information, is treated as local data,
and is not exported via  Z39.50. To help users identify repositories
NUCMC has provided links on the search form to other search forms for
identifying either OCLC Participating Institutions codes or MARC
Organizations codes found in subfield a of the 040 field in the bib.
record.

Tony Gonzales
NUCMC Team Leader

>>> "John C. Kelly" <jckelly2@UNO.EDU> 06/20 12:47 PM >>>
Greetings.

I have tried using the NUCMC Z39.50 Gateway to OCLC MSS Records
<http://lcweb.loc.gov/coll/nucmc/nucmc.html> but have noticed a
curious
thing:  The results do not show the name or location of the
repository
that has the collections retrieved.  I tried with several different
searches, but the same thing happened.  The RLIN section does post
location information.  I was able to get on WorldCat and find out
that
information, but not everyone has access to that.  Has anyone else
experienced this problem?  Is it by design or a flaw?
Thanks.

John Kelly

To subscribe or unsubscribe, send e-mail to
listserv@listserv.muohio.edu