database recommendations

Dear List,

Last week I sent out a query to the list seeking
recommendations "for a archival digital imaging
database package, one that will include provisions for use history tracking,
data and image migration, etc.".  Basically, what I am looking for is one
that conforms to all Dublin Core criteria.

So far, I have received only ONE recommendation from a kind man, Director
Max J. Evans of the Utah State Historical Society.

At the same time I have received THREE requests to share my results with
list members who are now facing data image projects and wondering what
database to use that will transition into the future.

Obviously, this needs to be discussed.

Thanks,

Richard M. Lytle
Indiana.edu-SLIS