Hantavirus

This past week I had occasion to look through a collection of papers
that was contaminated with mouse urine. It occured to me after I had
started this project that there might be some danger from hantavirus.
Since hantavirus appears to be associated with relatively fresh mouse
waste, do any list members have quarantine policies respecting
collections of mouse-contaminated materials? I'm especially interested
in ascertaining at what point in time contaminated material will become
safe to handle.

Sincerely,

Andrew W. Pollock III