Re: Hantavirus

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> This past week I had occasion to look through a collection of papers
> that was contaminated with mouse urine. It occured to me after I had
> started this project that there might be some danger from hantavirus.

I'd worry about it after I ascertained whether there was any hantavirus in
the area where the papers are from.  Since we have had cases in our
region, when we set traps, we dispose of trap, mouse and all (while
wearing gloves)  instead of just resetting the trap.

Carole Nowicke
Reference Librarian
Indiana Prevention Resource Center  <http://www.drugs.indiana.edu>
cnowicke@indiana.edu  <http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~cnowicke>
Historian, International Tuba-Euphonium Association
List Owner Dressage-L <Dressage-L@Listserv.Indiana.edu>