Posts, etc., for old cloth binders

Hi, list!

I am looking for some metal posts for some old
(around 30 years) binders.  These are covered
with cloth and are heavy and stiff.  The cloth is
light blue.  These old boards have largish holes
in the top board, into which the cylindrical metal
posts fit.  There is a long metal rod, square in
cross-section, in the left side of the boards, which
turns with a key, which draws crescent-shaped
metal pieces hard against the metal posts.  This
holds the top board onto the posts, which screw
into the bottom board.

I have some of this "hardware", and a small number
of the cloth boards, which come in two sizes.
(12 1/2" x 19 1/2"  and 13 1/1" x 21 1/2").  The
metal posts which I have are too big to screw into
threaded holes in the larger boards.  Odd!  I had
thought that all the holes in the bottom boards were
the same size.

Do any of you know where I can get a supply of the
posts in both sizes - both ones that will screw into the
smaller boards, and ones that will screw into the bigger
boards?

I also could use some more of the boards, if anyone wants
to get rid of some they have lying around.  I also wonder if
anyone knows where I can get a paper punch that would
punch holes large enough to comfortably fit the posts in
these boards.  (The posts are 3/8" in diameter.)

I would have used the usual name for these things, but
I do not know what they are usually called, and there are
no labels on any of them.

This is a rather small problem, but I would appreciate any
help any of you could give me.

Thanks in advance!   :  )

Margaret Monroe

Caltrans Office Technician (Typing)
(UN-official Record-keeper for all records
in District 4 of all State-owned toll bridges in
Northern California)

State of California
Department of Transportation
District 4
Division of Structure Maintenance & Investigations, Toll Bridges
Room 10-400
P. O. Box  23660
Oakland, CA  94623-0660

Phone: 510-286-6188