Cooperative Colonization Association "RIP"

Does anybody know what the RIP stands for in Cooperative Colonization
Association "RIP" (or "Rip.")?  This Bohemian commune shows up in Hanover,
VA in a 1902 and a 1907 chancery case.  The information in the suit includes
a description of its purpose (to promote agriculture, winemaking, logging,
etc. in a group setting)  and lists its bases of operations as being
Chicago, Baltimore and Hanover, VA (!).  It was formed in 1897 in Chicago
and the members made wicker baby carriages for sale to the public.  The
Hanover branch was formed by Charles Zittner.  The RIP part of the name is
always typed in quotes.  It is listed on various documents as being either
"RIP" or "Rip."

The official letterhead from the Chicago branch is Brotherhood Cooperative
Colonization Association "Rip."

We've checked the Encyclopedia of American Communes by Stockwell and done a
few Google searches.  Nothing has turned up so far.  I'd appreciate any
information you folks may have.  And could we keep the Rest In Peace (or
Pieces) jokes to a minimum?  I've already heard quite a few around here
already!  :)

Thank you,
Amy Judd
Assistant Grants Administrator