housekeeping question

I apoligize ahead of time if this question sounds stupid.

Our university system is in final days of completing a new library/technology building on our campus.  Original plans did not have an archive area designated, so a space was carved out from Reference Room.

Now since this area was an afterthought, we tried to get the flooring decision of carpeting throught the library changed for the archive area.  Unfortunately, we were unable to get the change made.  Sooooooo, the new archive area will have carpeted floors.  And, at this time, no way to get the carpet removed.

My question is how often should the carpet be vaccuummed?  Daily?  Weekly?

I would like some input to take to the Building Custodial Staff or at least know when I should vaccuum the carpet.

Thank you.
Tina Bernath, Archive Assistant
Troy State University Dothan
Archive/Wiregrass Special Collection