Re: Use fees for film

Hi Stephanie,

The Nebraska State Historical Society has come up with a use-fee pricing
"matrix" that takes into account three factors: the for-profit status of the
producer, the format and distribution of the product, and the duration of or
number of items used in the finished product.  And all of this applies only
to for-profit projects -- we don't charge use fees for legitimate
not-for-profit projects.  I've attached a copy of our fee schedule (it's in
Microsoft Excel) for your information -- let me know if you can't (or don't
want to) pull it up, and I'll fax you a copy.  Keep in mind, too, that these
are MAXIMUM fees -- we always reserve the right to negotiate fees based on
the project budget or quantity of our materials used.   Good luck!

-Paul

Paul J. Eisloeffel
Curator of Audio-Visual Collections
Nebraska State Historical Society