Evaluation forms

Listserv members,

The Kentucky Historical Society is instituting program evaluations for
current Society programs and newly proposed programs.  The idea is to help
make some hard budget decisions a little easier.  The Society's definition
of a program is fairly broad, running from a general-level Special
Collections Branch program; to a mid-level, such as the Manuscripts program
within Special Collections; and finally to a specific or individual-level
program, like an Elderhostel program.  I am not suggesting that any of the
"programs" just mentioned are in danger, I only used them as examples since
they are where I "live," so to speak.  However, the idea is to look at
everything as objectively as possible throughout the whole Society.

In addition to these in-house evaluations, the Society wants to establish
audience evaluations too.  We want to know who our audience(s) is or are,
what programs they expect or want us to provide, what they think of the
programs we currently have, and in the future what they think of those we
end up implementing.

My question or request from you as a fairly large and diverse group, is, do
any of your agencies, institutions, or organizations do any kind of
evaluations, and if so, how do you do it?  And more specifically, if you use
forms or anything tangible, would you be willing to share?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give.

Also, to any of the members who might be interested in the results, I will
be happy to share any responses I receive.

Sincerely,

Lynne Hollingsworth
Special Collections - Manuscript archivist
Kentucky Historical Society
100 W. Broadway
Frankfort KY 40601-1931

lynne.hollingsworth@mail.state.ky.us