Roses

One other thought I forgot to add.  I'm not sure one should hesitate to
defend one's work in a public meeting.  Obviously you have to guage the
nature of the meeting and how far you wish to go off topic, but it's
probably a bad idea to leave management with the idea that
librarian=archivist.

Given the nature of meetigns and the ease with which we all zone out, the
one line that people will walk out of such a meeting with is there's no
difference between the two.  That raises the specter of management looking
to cut things and asking themselves "we have librarians, who needs
archivists?"  I might even suggest, Susan, that once you feel confident of
the differences between the two (based on list responses and other research
if you choose), I might informally talk to whoever in power might have heard
this exchange and make sure _they_ know the difference so you don't find
that equivalency coming back to haunt you.

Daniel (Who wants to know if I'm being paranoid?) Sokolow

PS - I appreciate the thread title - my daughter's middle name is Rose

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu