From: Fitzgerald, Rebecca [mailto:rfitzger@MSMARY.EDU]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 3:25 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: PDF

Has anyone used PDF to post documents, such as finding aids, on their
websites?  I've been using FrontPage for everything up till now, but
when I convert my finding aids to HTML they don't look anything like the
originals and will require a lot of clean up.  My volunteer suggested
using PDF to create these kinds of documents, and to use it to mount my
articles and exhibits as well, but he has never used it himself and
wasn't sure if this would be the answer to my problem.  Not being
technologically savvy myself, I thought I'd ask the list to see if
anyone has any ideas or opinions or advice on this topic.

I can have the software installed on my computer for around $100 (I
think), which would be worth it in the long run if it does what I need
it to do.

Thank you for your ideas and advice!

Rebecca Fitzgerald, CA
Mt. St. Mary's Archives & Dept. of Special Collections
Mt. St. Mary's College & Seminary
Emmitsburg, MD
301/447-5397
301/447-6868 (fax)