Re: Photo characteristic cataloging question

For those of you who catalog photographs, I am wondering what term
you use to describe hand-tinting on black-and-whitye prints.  TGM2
doesn't seem to address this, and I've used a local heading in the
past.

Peter F. Schmid, CA
Visual Resources Archivist
Sisters of Providence Archives
Mother Joseph Province
4800 37th Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98126-2793
Tel:  206-937-4600 ext. 1225
Fax:  206-923-4001
pschmid@providence.org

TGMII, or gmgpc as I still can't get over calling it (and is still
the MARC code for it) has hand colored.

You can use it in 300 |b as in:

300 |a 1 slide |b lantern, hand colored |c 4 x 5 in.

or in 655, as in:

655 |a Photographic prints -- Hand colored |2 gmgpc

AAT let us down on this one, I could only find retouching in there.

regards,
debra
--
dshapiro@slis.wisc.edu