Rubber Cement

Hello All,

I have a small receipt that has been rubber cemented to a piece of card
stock. It is completely adhered to the board. The front is faded and
discolored--presumably from both exposure to light and the cement. I
also have an old dollar bill that was once stuck to the same board, but
has since fallen off--dried rubber cement residue has begun to discolor
the back of the dollar and made it more brittle.

I searched the conservation distlist and found one mention of rubber
cement on the back of photos. Does anyone know whether anything can be
done within reason to save these two documents?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

--
Steve Hausfeld
Archives Services