Re: How to be an Archivist??

Hi Debbie,

My suggestion is that you visit the SAA website
<http://www.archivists.org/prof-education/index.html> and look at the
brochure so you want to be an archivist and the guidelines for the MAS.
The Directory of Archival Education Programs may also be of interest.

There are some places that do offer online courses leading to the MLS with
specialization in archives. I think one is offered through the University
of Illinois.

However your best bet is to go and get your Masters either in Library
Science or History with a specialization in archives. Within the archives
community that is the gold standard for education.

Best wishes,

Danna Bell-Russel
National Digital Library
Library of Congress