Whitman on Blennerhassett Island

Hello, I'm forwarding this request for a friend.  Please feel free to send
my answers off-list and I forward them to her.

I've been interested in finding out more about Walt Whitman's visit to
Blennerhasset Island (W.Va.) which he made in 1849, while on his way to
Miss. to work for a newspaper there. He wrote a poem about the island.  None
of the bios mention
the island & I'm wondering how I could find out more.  Any tips?

thank you