Re: worse and worse

I think I would have asked for the corporate phone number and called them
myself!  However, this isn't always effective.  I recently complained of a
negative billboard (a slam against libraries) to a cell phone company
(can't remember the name) and all I got was a generic email message back.
It was clear that no one had read my message because I had indicated that I
wasn't a customer and the message thanked me for my business!  Why bother
having a customer comment email if no one's going to bother reading it??!!

Ah... I remember now.  It was Cingular.  I saw the billboard on the way to
MARAC at Philadelphia.

[snip, snip]
>I consulted the manager and explained my concerns as an information
professional--his store was condoning incorrect preservation management.
He responded that corporate dictated these displays and he performed as
ordered.  He would not change the display.  In turn I gave him the number
to several local archives and professional organizations who would be happy
to confirm my statements, and wished him a pleasant day.