Re: Need help with email problem

Arlette,

I received a similar email late last week with a "Document 6" attachment
that contained the SirCam virus. The message I received came to an email
account of mine that feeds into my hotmail account, though the sender had a
.org extension on their email address. (My address that received this
message is not part of the SAA Listserv). I deleted the message as soon as I
got it, so I can't recall the name it came under. I get messages all of the
time from people with document attachments asking if the Archives is
interested, so I didn't think much of it. I did try to use her (I remember
it was a feminine name) email extension to find a website, but to no avail,
and did reply to her message by saying that the file was infected and that
she needed to scan her system. My email did not come back undeliverable, so
I'm assuming it went somewhere.

So the point of this message (though I lost it somewhere) is to say that I
received a similar message and I dont' know where from.

Neil

Neil Dahlstrom
Technical Services Archivist
Deere & Company Archives