Re: scanning fees

HEllo

Im my organization we deliver scanned records through email but we make a
clear distinction between images intended for consultation only and images
that may require a much improved resolution (eg, for publication). In the
first case we deliver through email a low resolution (and high compression
ratio - ITU 3 and 4 ) image with just enough quality to be readable (talking
about text records) , in the second case we provide a CD with the images
scanned with high resolution. We have to cope with copyright as the patron
has to sign a commitment that the image he requested will be only used for
the stated purpose and no other. This isn't particularly effective but gives
the Archive a legal background in case of the image provided being misused.
Finnally we have two different prices for each situation described both much
lower than the one you mentionned but I think we can not compare directly
costs as we are talking of two different countries and currencies

Best

francisco

Francisco Barbedo
Arquivo Distrital do Porto (Porto State Archive)
Rua das Taipas, 90 | 4050-598 | Porto | Portugal
Tel: +351  223395170 | Fax: +351  223395179
email: fbarbedo@mail.telepac.pt
email2: francisco.barbedo@adporto.org