Washington, D.C. job posting

We are looking for another Collections librarian.  If you are interested you may email me with your questions or send your application via email through me. I will also be at SAA to answer any questions.
---
Susan L. Malbin              email: smalbin@hotmail.com
Chief, _Wasingtoniana_ Division   phone: 202/ 727- 2271
District of Columbia P.L.           fax: 202/ 727- 1129
Washington, DC 20001   rm. 307

D. C. PUBLIC LIBRARY
Position Vacancy Announcement

ANNOUNCEMENT NO:01-30

OPENING/CLOSING DATE:   8/10/01  - Open Until Filled
                                                      (First screening date after 8/24/01)

POSITION TITLE:
Collections Librarian  DS-1410-9/11
SALARY:
DS-9      $31,754.00 - $40,907.00
DS-11    $38,274.00 - $49,335.00

AREA OF CONSIDERATION:          Unlimited

LOCATION:  Washingtoniana Division
        Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library
        901 G Street N.W.
        Washington, D. C.  20001

HOURS:  As scheduled within the weekday hours
 8:45 A.M. - 9:00 P.M., and on Saturdays as assigned

QUALIFICATIONS:  A Master?s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school is required.  Training and/or education in special collections, preservation, archival work, local history collections is desirable.  Applicants must present a combination of experience, education, skills, self-development, and experience which demonstrates the capacity to perform the duties of the position.

FUNCTIONS:  Under the general supervision of the Chief, Washingtoniana Division, the incumbent develops and maintains the local history collections in the division.  Provides references services, responds to inquiries world-wide, initiates requests for materials, and equipment; develops files, indexes, etc:  prepares reports; sees to matters of preservation, and prepares path finders or research for collections/materials and works with patron requests.  As assigned, is scheduled to work on the Washingtoniana Division Reference Desk.  Performs other related duties as assigned.

TO APPLY: Submit SF-171 Form or D.C. Government Employment Application Form to the Human Resources Department, Room 423, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library, 901 G Street, N.W., Washington, D. C.  20001.  Staff members submit PL-424 Form.  (Supervisors: submit PL-82 (rev.) for those staff members who may be interested or eligible, but on leave until the closing date.)

RESIDENCY:
Effective 3/16/89, the Residency Preference Amendment Act of 1988, D. C. Law 7-203, is in force.

BARGAINING UNIT: APPLICABLE     X
               NOT APPLICABLE

ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEE:  APPLICABLE
                     NOT APPLICABLE      X

Selection will be made in adherence to the equal employment opportunity regulations of the District of Columbia Public Library.

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!