Position Announcement: Georgia

The Georgia Department of Archives and History, a division of the Office of
Secretary of State is looking for a person to manage our reference
activities including our library and our original documents reference.
This person will report to the Archives Assistant Director for Archival
Services.

For more information about this job or to apply on-line, visit:
  http://TheJobSite.org/jobsearch/jobdetail.asp?ReqNum=478-60216aa

> Job Requisition:  478-60216aa
> Job Title:        REFERENCE SERVICES MGR
>                   Office of Secretary of State
>                   Archives and History
>                   Archival Services
>
> Application Deadline:     10/31/2001
>
> Salary Minimum:           $32,238.00
> Salary Maximum:           $56,466.66
> Salary Details:           Hiring Salary Range for this position is
> $32,238.00 - $42,012.00.
>
> Duties:
> Under general direction, manages the reference and research assistance
> programs of the Archives and History Research Library and serves as senior
> research advisor. Supervises eleven (11) archivists organized into three
> reference teams: search room, external reference, and original documents
> reading area.  Participates as a part of the Division's management team.
>
> Provides professional research and reference advice and instruction to
> persons engaged in historical, legal, genealogical and other research.
> Plans and develops reference and research programs.  Serves as liaison for
> the department with professional organizations, interest groups,
> constituencies and the public.
>
> Creates and maintains a high performance environment.  Maintains a
> consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting
> business and providing services or products to clients, the general public
> and other external customers.
>
> Minimum Training & Experience: Completion of an advanced degree in
> Archival or Public Administration, History, or Library Science (from an
> ALA accredited program) AND three years experience in Archives or Library
> Reference with two years experience in supervising professional staff.
> Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of reference trends and customer
> service practices.
>

>   For more information about this job or to apply on-line, visit:
>   http://TheJobSite.org/jobsearch/jobdetail.asp?ReqNum=478-60216aa

Steve Engerrand