Re: Question for corporate archives

Neil,

I have used FrontPage2000 to create and now maintain a page on our corporate
Intranet (internal to the Foundation) and it includes:

1) Mission & Services of our Dept.
2) Policies, Procedures & Forms (mainly Records Management).
3) A Chronology (timeline) of corporate history  -- this is very popular
with employees.
4) 75th Anniversary "online exhibit" (i.e., we started in 1926) that uses
the first 10 years of the Chronology (above) and adds links to about 40
photos and tif images of certain documents -- this is most popular this
year.
5) Other items of particular internal interest.

Although this took some time to set up, our Intranet coordinator was very
helpful and anxious to add value to the Intranet.  It is easy to maintain
from my own PC on the network.  Make sure you put a counter on the page so
you can see how often it is accessed (and include in your reporting to
management, etc.).

Good Luck.

Stephen E. Haller, CRM
Manager of Archives & Records
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
P.O. Box 1776
Williamsburg, VA 23187-1776
(757) 220-7248

"Unless otherwise stated in the body of this message, this communication may
not officially represent or obligate my employer."