Fwd: SAA LAGAR meeting and reception

***Please excuse cross-postings.***

Come one, Come all to the Lesbian and Gay Archives Roundtable meeting!

Our meeting during the SAA annual conference will take place on Friday,
August 31st from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.  Aside from our usual business, we will
be joined by members of the Rainbow History Project (a group which seeks to
document and promote the history of D.C.'s sexually diverse community) and
the One in Ten Museum Project (a group working on founding a national LGBT
museum in Washington, D.C.)  Representative from these groups will discuss
their activities and invite discussion.

Following the business meeting, we will be heading out to the Hillwood
Museum and Gardens (http://www.hillwood.museum.org) for a reception.
Hillwood, the estate of the late Marjorie Merriweather Post, sits on
twenty-five acres in the heart of D.C.  The grounds are home to many formal
gardens and important azalea and orchid collections, while the main house
contains Post's collection of Russian fine and decorative arts and
eigteenth-century French Art.  The reception will be a joint venture with
the One in Ten Museum Project and the Rainbow History Project.  The
reception will last from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and is free of charge, so come
out to Hillwood and enjoy the scenery and the company.

If anyone has any questions about the meeting or reception, please contact
sedwards@salem.mass.edu.