Re: stereographs

While I can actually appreciate the contributions to history made by the
materials in this museum (as well as Peter K.s incredible talent for digging
these things out of the ether), this one is ranking among the more obscure
and perhaps weirder archives/museum related sites.  It's the kind of thing I
imagine the general public looking at & wondering "did we _really_ need a
history of the lead pencil, complete with footnotes?" (
http://www.officemuseum.com/pencil_history.htm )

I guess it's as legitimate as any other study of history, but I still think
we're gonna get some strange looks for that one.  Reminds me of the "shoe
archivist" on that show about the hick at Harvard (Boston Common?  or
something)

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021