Re: ScanMail Message: To Sender, sensitive content found

Harry's right, Nancy.  It's a filter.  I had that happen to me when posting
from my home computer to a favorite message board; *I* didn't think I was
using a bad word, but the board's filtering software did - and boy, did I
get a warning!  "This word is considered offensive.  This is your first
warning," it said.  Adding that if I did it a second and third time, the sky
would fall on me...no, actually, it only said I'd be barred from posting
there.

I can understand why employers think such filters are a good idea, but they
often treat something quite innocent as a "hit" because they're like any
other software.  Unable to interpret for context (except in a very limited
way - have you ever actually used Microsoft Word's grammar checker?), unable
to divine the writer's intent.

Unable to tell a discussion among breast cancer survivors from a porn site,
in other words.  :-)

Anyway, I don't think (as Harry said) the thought police will be coming
after you.

Best,

"9-UH"
Nina M. Osier, Director