Career Opportunity - eRecords Research Fellow and Project Manager

This message is reposted because there was some confusion about the position
titles and whether this was employment or contractor/consulting engagement.
This is a regular full time (employee) position in the Boston, Massachusetts
area.

====================================

Dear Electronic Records Colleagues,

We have immediate career openings in the Global Electronic Records
Association.

If you like what you see and you are qualified for the position, we strongly
encourage you to apply for this exciting R&D career opportunity that will
impact the near future of all electronic records management and archives.
If you are not available but know of a qualified person who may be
interested, please pass this opportunity along to them.

Please excuse any duplication of messages that may result from cross-posting
to listservs.

Thank you.

Rich Lysakowski, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Global Electronic Records Association
800 West Cummings Park, Suite 5400
Woburn, MA 02155

ELECTRONIC RECORDS RESEARCH FELLOW AND PROJECT MANAGER

Our leading-edge collaborative R&D programs improve electronic records
automation.  As a Research Fellow and Project Manager, you will manage,
coordinate, and contribute to electronic records project research teams
to produce standards, guidelines, and practices that will significantly
improve the way that industries and governments do business forever.
Your research, organizational, and writing skills, technical insight
and knowledge will help make our electronic records research and
development projects succeed.  You will be expected to independently
plan and execute projects, research and evaluate state-of-the-art
practices, and generate reports and other materials based on your
findings.  You will be part of a team of professionals who are writing
electronic records guidelines, policies, and procedures, so your team
leadership, management, participation, and communication skills will
factor strongly into your success.

You must have significant education, on-the-job training or some direct
experience in records management or archives.  Knowledge of the legal,
regulatory, and technical aspects of electronic records systems are
important.

This professional position will have about 50% research and development
duties and 50 % project coordination duties.  Your responsibilities
will include:

1 - Researching, developing, reviewing, collating, organizing, and
consolidating materials for glossaries, bibliographies, reference
libraries, and other deliverables

2 - Supporting staff researchers and project participants from diverse
institutions

3 - Helping to coordinate and facilitate meetings of project
participants and other events

4 - Helping to coordinate development and review, and acceptance of
program deliverables by internal and external contributions.
Communicating with and helping new project participants to reach
program goals

5 - Helping to specify, evaluate AND investigate operational feasibility
of various technical approaches for implementing a prototype knowledge
base to integrate project deliverables.

6 - Developing, maintaining, and managing content and users of our
website

7 - Researching and authoring other materials as needed

SKILLS IMPORTANT TO YOUR SUCCESS:  Being a self-starter, who requires
minimal direct supervision, and a ?detail-oriented finisher? will
contribute to your success.  You must be able and willing to learn
and use various software tools, such as office automation, graphics
and drawing, and process modeling tools.  You will use project
management and communication tools, and web-based information sharing
systems to help the R&D teams collaborate.  Your passion and ability
to learn and apply new things quickly will be your most important asset.

PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:  Prior experience with significant multi-party
R&D projects and conference events will be very helpful.  You are
expected to have good computer user skills and be a fast learner to
pick up new technical skills.

WORK DIRECTION:  This is a full-time dedicated position.  You will
work with and under the direction of the Association Executive Director
and the Research Program Manager, who will indicate general objectives,
assignments, limitations, and priorities.  You will be expected to
independently perform assignments, and communicate well with members
and other project stakeholders.  Some project coordination and
administrative support will be available to help you accomplish your
goals.

ORGANIZATIONAL PHILOSOPHY:  Everyone in our growing association
succeeds best by bringing a fun-loving spirit and a missionary zeal,
passion, and commitment to delivering leading-edge research,
engineering, technologies, and business spirit.  We have fun meeting
complex technical and business challenges, and delivering excellent
products and solutions to our members.   We employ bright, young-minded
professionals who are highly competent and accomplished in multi-
organization development projects.  We reward our employees generously
and give them appropriate opportunities and challenges to stimulate
their professional growth.  Our success is measured by how well we
delight our members by defining and delivering work products that
serve them.  We love working on teams, learning from others, and
teaching and mentoring our members and other customers.  We transfer
the results of our research, engineering, and standards work in ways
that greatly improve their operations and make all association members
more productive and effective in accomplishing their missions and goals.

WORK LOCATION:  We are located 10 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts.
Boston and New England ? with beautiful mountains, lakes, and the ocean
just minutes away ? offer unequaled opportunities for 4 seasons fun,
both indoors and outdoors.  The Boston-area intellectual climate is
superb with 146 world-class colleges and universities, including
Harvard and MIT.  Our vibrant nightlife and music scene, and
sophisticated events at all echelons of society will offer you
enjoyment and growth you cannot imagine until you live here awhile.

TRAVEL:  This is full time employment that will require some travel
to support meetings at participant sites.  This position will NOT be
workable on a part-time basis.  Consultants (non-employees) will NOT
be considered.

COMPENSATION:  Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with
experience, including retirement, medical and other benefits.
GERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

RELOCATION:  This is a government and industry funded grant research
program that did not include relocation in the original grant.  Some
relocation funds may be available as part of first-year compensation.

For more information on GERA, please see:  www.erecordscentral.org

For consideration, please forward your Resume or Curriculum Vitae to:

The Global Electronic Records Association (GERA)
800 West Cummings Park, Suite 5400
Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 USA

Facsimile:  781-935-3113
E-Mail: jobpostings@erecordscentral.org

(PDF or MS-Word resume attachment suggested).