Re: Thanks aka How the value of this listserve has decreased

On the other hand, I still think it's cut down on a lot of the dreck we
sometimes get.  Our discussions (read: arguments) when the decision was
first announced centered largely around those two possibilities: 1) we'd
miss out on many important discussions; 2) we wouldn't have to handle so
many "me too" responses.

On the whole, I can live with the change, as I could when it was first
announced.  I have asked questions to the list where I've gotten lots of
when I've gotten useful responses.  The "reply to" option makes people think
more before sending their messages, and I think we've had far fewer
mislabeled posts than in the past.

I'm not suggesting we _have_ to keep this system; I can live with it either
way, personally.  Moreover, the switch to this was NOT the final decision on
it; I seem to remember the List Management Group (or whatever they're
called) said they would revisit the choice if people were having a problem
with the system.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu