Re: Listserv reply function was RE: Thanks aka How the value of t his listserve has decreased

I completely agree!  I would like to see the answers go to the whole list.
I think that the private reply function defeats the purpose of the list. It
has NOT, to my experience, relieved us of spam, errant private messages or
even the "me toos."  What it has deprived us of has been the cumulative
wisdom of this great group!  Having to summarize, ask for answers to go to
the whole list, or contact the poster of the question to get the answers
takes more time than hitting delete.

Joanne M. Seitter
Archivist
Curtis Institute of Music