processing (and possibly cataloging) question

At present, I am processing a collection of New England folk music, which
includes recordings (on acetate discs, reel-to-reel tapes, and wax
cylinders), field notes, transcriptions of music and lyrics, photographs,
various publications, and other paper-based-materials. One particular item
of interest is a copy of the collector's (one and only) book, published in
1939. This is the collector's personal copy, with marginal notes in pencil
(corrections, expansions, additions, etc., that were intended to inform a
second edition of the book). Further, the author taped photos of those
people whom she recorded, or sites she visited--there are about twenty
photos, each taped to the top edge of the relevant page.

Thus far we have been calling this a "prepared" book (in the same spirit as
a "prepared" guitar or other musical instrument; one which is received a
certain way because it has been constructed to perform certain functions).
What I would like to know is:

1) Has anyone come across a similar artifact (a printed work with
handwritten notations)? My guess is that this sort of thing is not uncommon,
per se.

2) Is there a controlled term to describe it? Any MARC experts on the list
who could give insight about appropriate fields?

Ultimately, the book will be digitized with the images in place. Then the
images will be removed by a conservator, and the relevant pages will be
scanned again. In this way, we can preserve the organization as received
from the collector/creator, and preserve the materials that are affected.

Any insight would be welcome. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Marcia Segal, Contractor
American Folklife Center
Library of Congress