Re: 35mm negatives

Title: RE: 35mm negatives

Diane,

Though it would be much easier to access the negatives as strips placed in negative preservers as you suggest, the roll may well retain its shape and not lay flat, so that you may have to keep them in that condition.  One answer might be to purchase a roll of clear 35mm preservation sleeve that comes in one large roll, and that can be cut to size.  This way the film can be stored rolled but will be protected for handling and printing.  I don't see it in the Light Impressions catalog, but know that I purchased a roll once for just such an application, so you may want to look in other catalogs.

Peter

Peter F. Schmid, CA
Visual Resources Archivist
Sisters of Providence Archives
Mother Joseph Province
4800 37th Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98126-2793
Tel:  206-937-4600 ext. 1225
Fax:  206-923-4001
pschmid@providence.org

 ****************************************************************************This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very much.                                                                       ****************************************************************************