Re: Archives with research proposals

I have gotten lots of research proposals or unfunded grant
proposals over the years.  When I was first into archives, I saved
these thinking that they could be useful.   But after five years, I
went back and looked at them and tossed them.

Each research proposal is written geared to the resources and
ideas at that time--staffing, equipment on hand, the nuances of
the grant agency being approached, etc.   Hence they become
almost of no residual value as time goes on.

The only caveat here is that I DO save attached vita, especially
if they are faculty or staff here at the University, or any publications
or obviously published working papers that may be included as
appendices.

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338