Re: Friday Funnies...a bit early

Folks -

Speaking of chocolate...

Back in the days when the world was young, I was a working level archivist
at the Hudson's Bay Company Archives in Winnipeg (above N. Dakota for my
American Collegues without a map).  This fabulous collection had originally
been housed in the Company's London, England headquarters and was
transferred to Canada in 1974.  In the early 80s a Cdn patron, who had
undertaken research in the HBCA before the transfer, told me of the breaks
they would take for afternoon tea (complete with chocolate) right in the
Reading Room...and warned me that if I found chocolate fingerprints on some
of the records, they would more likely be his than Lord Strathcona's...

And yes, in North America's foremost Fur Trade archives, the number of
supposed descendants of Native American Princesses and Company Chief
Traders was truly phenomenal...

Cheers!

Mark

At 12:22 PM 30/08/2001 -0400, Raymond LaFever wrote:
>Being an amateur genealogist myself, my question is why limit this to
genealogists?  I'm particularly fond of number five and think ALL
researchers should be plying archivists with chocolate chip cookies.  Or
chocolate in any form, really....