Re: Friday Funnies...a bit early

From: Cynthia Van Ness [mailto:bettybarcode@YAHOO.COM]

Actually, I like genealogical researchers.  Only a few are a real
problem, those who behave as though I'm deliberately withholding
their ancestors, and I oughta get the hell out of the way.

In my other job at a historical society the vast majority of researchers are
genealogists.  And yes, there are times when I have to prevent my eyes from
rolling back into my head as they describe each and every person in their
entire family tree before they get to the point as to just what it is they
are looking for from me (although I have gotten better at halting the litany
and pushing them to the bottom line).  But for the most part helping
genealogists can be very rewarding, especially when you "find" a long lost
relative for someone.  That detective aspect of the job is what I enjoy
most.  And on occassion the reward has been chocolate!!!

Joanne Seitter