From: Childs-Helton, Sally [mailto:schildsh@BUTLER.EDU]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 10:05 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Long-winded patrons

Regardless of the topic, it has been my experience that some patrons equate
the librarian's or archivist's interest in helping them find materials with
the archivist having a real interest in the topic.  But, I'd still rather
work with researchers who are truly interested in what they're doing than
those who treat research like having root-canal work.  Hoping you all can
enjoy a long, patron-free weekend,

Sally Childs-Helton
Butler University