Re: amipro

AmiPro was the name for the word processing software in the Lotus Suite of office software (perhaps better known for its spreadsheet Lotus 1-2-3, etc.). The name of the program was changed a few years ago to Word Pro. WordPro will open Ami Pro files (you have set it to chose the option to open file type with a .sam suffix). I'd tell you exactly how to set this up, but it's on my computer at home, not here.

The web site for Lotus WordPro is:

http://www.lotus.com/home.nsf/welcome/wordpro

It has a "How to Buy" link on the left side.

Let me know if I can be of more help on this. The organization where I previously worked used this software for several years, and so I used it at home as well, to avoid confusing myself.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Bogdan Florin POPOVICI <bogdanpopovici@YAHOO.COM> 09/03/01 09:40AM >>>
Hello to everybody.

Can someone give me a hint about obtaining the Amipro software? I have some files written under Amipro 3.0 and I can't read them. I searched the Net but I only founded templates, macros etc. for Amipro, not the soft.

Thanks.
Bogdan Florin POPOVICI
Archivist
Brasov, Romania