Re: Acid-free materials sold in stores - Clarification

University Products now has a catalog of preservation and storage supplies
for private collectors.

I recommend (in my "Preserving Family Treasures" presentations to the
public) questioning any product that does not list specifications such as
pH, type of buffering agent, type of plastic, amount of lignin content, etc.
It's also important to define terms like archival and acid-free and discuss
how they can be misused for marketing purposes. The key is to be an educated
consumer.

Christine Wiseman
Education Officer
Preservation Services

SOLINET                             christine _wiseman@solinet.net
1438 W. Peachtree St, NW    800.999.8558. ext. 4936 (p)
Suite 200                              404.892.7879 (f)
Atlanta, GA 30309                 www.solinet.net