[Fwd: [BuffaloHistory] Fwd: NPR-McKinley Assassination]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [BuffaloHistory] Fwd: NPR-McKinley Assassination
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cynthia Van Ness <bettybarcode@yahoo.com>
To: History Buffalo <BuffaloHistory@yahoogroups.com>

Of possible interest...

--- Kathleen DeLaney <kdelaney@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU> wrote:
> Date:         Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:18:57 -0400
> From:         Kathleen DeLaney <kdelaney@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU>
> Subject:      NPR-McKinley Assassination
> To:           PANAM2001-LIST@LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
>
> National Public Radio Correspondent, Eric Westervelt, visited
> Buffalo last
> week to compile a story on the McKinley Assassination. That story
> will air
> this Thursday, September 6, 2001 on "All Things Considered." The
> show is
> broadcast locally via WBFO FM 88.7 from 4 to 6 pm. It also is
> available as
> a webcast.
>
> After calling the University at Buffalo Archives to get
> suggestions, Mr.
> Westervelt spent many hours prior to his visit contacting local
> Pan-American Exposition scholars and experts and using the
> PANAM2001
> website. When he came to town he visited the UB Libraries exhibits,
> BECHS
> 1901 Building and the Resource Center exhibits, the TR site,
> and contacted the Buffalo & Erie County Public and Niagara Falls
> Public
> Libraries, among others.
>
> When I spoke to Eric this morning, he wasn't certain what precise
> time the
> piece would air. By the way...it was NPR who picked up on the
> assassination
> date. Back in March they were on to the story.
>
> Kathleen M. DeLaney
> University at Buffalo Archives
> tel. 716-645-2916
> fax 716-645-3714
> e-mail: kdelaney@acsu.buffalo.edu
>
> For Pan-Am event listing details or event contact information,
> visit the web site at:
> panam2001.org.
>
> To unsubscribe this list send the command: unsub panam2001-list
> to  listserv@listserv.buffalo.edu

=====
*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:**:-,
"...every modern technology, from television to computers,
was invented by men & women whose education was conducted
almost exclusively with pen, paper, and book."
  --Neil Postman
Cynthia Van Ness, MLS, email: bettybarcode@yahoo.com
Shameless self-promotion: http://cynthia.is-online.net

Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo!
Messenger
http://im.yahoo.com

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search