Re: On-line auctions

It occurs to me that to get around the image that probably many of us
have of online auctions as some kind of shoddy flea market, it might be
interesting to collaborate to solve this problem and look at whether the
profession, archives, museums, etc. might think about asking one of the
general auction sites to create a special auction area for such
materials. It could be commercially interesting to them for the cachet,
less expensive to us than going through the online upscale auction
houses, while realizing the advantages that we see in worldwide
exposure.

Pat Galloway
University of Texas-Austin