Copyright and archives: proposed session for 2002 SAA Annual Meeting

I would like to communicate with others who are working on copyright and
related intellectual property issues, from an archival perspective.  My
goal is to propose a session on the matter for the 2002 SAA Annual Meeting
in Birmingham.

Of particular interest to me are the implications for archives of growing
corporate control of access to information, as exemplified by the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act, the extension of copyright term, and other
developments of the last few years.  But I would like to assemble a session
representing multiple viewpoints, one that recognizes the interests of both
creators and users of intellectual property.  The format of the session
will be determined by participants.

Would anyone interested in collaborating on such a session please contact
me off the list?  The deadline for annual meeting proposals is October 6th,
2001.

Thanks.

Robert Sieczkiewicz
Archivist
American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, Pa. 19106-1572
215-351-2432; fax 215-351-2425