STHC endorsements of SAA program proposals

Dear Colleagues,

Once again, the Science, Technology, and Health Care (STHC) Roundtable
of the Society of American Archivists will be endorsing proposals for
the SAA annual meeting.  If you will be submitting a proposal to SAA
for next year's meeting and the topic of your proposal pertains to
sci/tech/health care issues/records/papers, please consider submitting
it to us for endorsement.   We are also interested in co-sponsoring
sessions with other roundtables and sections.

If you would like to publicly discuss STHC program idea or recruit
speakers/discussants, consider doing so by signing on to and using
STHC-L, the Science, Technology, and Health Care Archives Forum; the
information sheet may be found at:
http://www.neurosciencearchives.org/sthc/sthc.htm

Proposals should be submitted to one of the STHC Co-Chairs -- Lisa Mix
[lmix@mail.jhmi.edu] or Russell Johnson [rjohnson@library.ucla.edu]
-- by October 1 for endorsement consideration.  Proposals need to be
submitted to SAA on or before October 6.  The proposal form is
available online as a cgi form at:
http://www.archivists.org/conference/proposal_call.html

Members of the STHC Steering Committee are also available and willing
to aid you in developing a proposal.  These folks are listed at:
http://www.neurosciencearchives.org/sthc/sth01062.htm

When the STHC Steering Committee met in Washington DC, we added a new
position:  Student Representative.  We especially urge program proposal
coordinators to consider inviting students to participate in their
panels.  Please contact our Student Rep, Kalpana Shankar
[kshankar@ucla.edu], for more information and to be put in touch with
the archival student network:

Cheers,

Russell Johnson
STHC Co-Chair

Russell A. Johnson        rjohnson@library.ucla.edu

Archivist and Cataloger              (310) 825-6940
History & Special Collections Division
Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library, UCLA
Box 951798     Los Angeles CA  90095-1798
http://www.library.ucla.edu/libraries/biomed/his/hisdiv.htm

Archivist              (310) 825-3191  or  206-2753
Neuroscience History Archives
Brain Research Institute, UCLA
Box 951761     Los Angeles CA  90095-1761
http://www.NeuroscienceArchives.org