Re: NY News

Hello friends and colleagues -

I am sitting here for the second day unsure what to do with myself.  At
times like this, one of the things I don't like about being an individual
consultant is that I have too much time on my own.  So I'm writing and
calling and trying to keep in touch with people.  I'm listening to the news
hoping for some happy threads in it all.  I just heard that 6 people were
pulled from the rubble...So here's a sign of hope for me.

Born and raised in New York, I find this so unbelievable.  My father began
as a broker on Wall Street around the time the Trade Center was built.
Though my family has since moved from NY, the city will always be a part of
me.

Here in New Hampshire, people were walking around in a fog yesterday.  I
did venture out to buy flags and plan to donate blood this week.  I headed
out to restaurants and cafes to get my meals.  I don't know what else to do
with myself.

My heart goes out to everyone.  I feel compassion for all my fellow
Americans and to the non-Americans who have been touched emotionally by
this tragedy.  We all have the same hurt.  Though we may not all respond to
it in the same way - some of us cry, some of us talk, some of us lash out,
some of us grow silent.  We must remember that we have all been affected
and no matter how we deal with it or what our opinions, we are all hurting.

I send my best wishes for your safety and security during these troubled
times.

Melissa Mannon
Archives Consultant
Archives and Information Consulting Services
http://www.mannon.org/archives
melissa@mannon.org