From: Chuck Thomas [mailto:thoma134@TC.UMN.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 4:13 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: What is to be done?

<SIGH> It's so hard to not be drawn into the fray...

Escalating this exchange of opinions into McCarthy-like attacks on freedom
of speech will not do anyone any good, especially those who perished
yesterday. The threat to forward this to the Northern Michigan
administration, and the viciousness of this response are exactly what we do
NOT need. It's easy to lash out, but it's also easy to be hypocritical, and
to do exactly the things you denounce.

Regretfully compelled to respond...

Chuck Thomas