Corporate Generosity

I have my doubts, under normal circumstances, about the actions of major
corporations.  I did not feel that the corporate world had the slightest
care for the general public, their employees, or their impact on the world
beyond what made them profits and gave them a good reputation.

I am humbled by something I heard on the news this morning, and I have
revised my opinion to a certain extent - GE has apparently donated $10
MILLION - I wrote that correctly - to the families of (presumably) deceased
firefighters.  Likewise, Cisco has apparently pledged $6 million to the Red
Cross.

If these are true, I applaud the efforts of these two companies, and hope
that others follow their example.  One more attempt of America to prove
there is still some good in the world.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu